We are so excited and delighted to announce that Positive Parties® Founder and CEO Denise Devlin, received the Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Strabane Business Awards on Sat 17th October 2015.
5 years ago today, the 22nd Oct 2010, Denise launched Positive Parties® in the City Of Culture Office, Derry. So here’s some information about Denise and her story.
Devlin is a very passionate, innovative and creative entrepreneur who came up a ‘out of the box’ idea to use in training and coaching and it has taken Ireland by storm. Five years ago she saw a gap in the market for ‘Training With A Difference’ as people were so bored with the usual ‘death by power point,’ long lectures and pages of handouts. So she created training delivered in a ‘party style’ setting that would teach new methodologies & tools, be positive & fun, thus Positive Parties® was born.
Denise says …”I always believed that it would work, even though many skeptics didn’t. Five years on, the company continues to grow and it is on its ways to becoming the global enterprise I always knew it would with the franchising model ready to roll at the end of the year, with training starting for franchisees. The development of the business has grown to stage where I can no longer ‘keep up’ pace of delivering all over Ireland. Rather than train others as employees, my view of a scalable and successful business is to give other NLP Practitioners, trainers, facilitators, the opportunity to take this brand to their countries & area’s as there is such a huge market segment to cover.”
These workshops and programmes are ‘interactive and fun’ whilst equipping the participants with tools and techniques to have a Positive Mental Attitude, be more resourceful and resilient in the workplace/school/home, have less stress, to be more self-aware, mindful and positive.
The training methods used in the workshops, conference sessions, programmes include:
- NLP – Nuero Linguistic Programming
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EI – Emotional Intelligence
- POA – Positive Organisational Behaviour
Customers to date include – Allianz, Pramerica, First Source, Legal-Island, McDonald’s Ireland, Argento, City of Derry Airport, Western Education Library Board, Carecall, Public Health Agency, Belfast City Council, Limavady Council, Derry City & Strabane District Council, Letterkenny Chamber, Apex Housing, Co-operation Ireland, Best Western Hotels, City Hotel, North West Regional College.
Denise, who received the Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Strabane Business Awards on the 17thOct 2015, is a Communication Studies graduate, with a post graduate Professional Cert in Management and a Diploma in Community Development & Education. She holds an IIC accredited Diploma in Life Coaching from Noble Manhattan (Europe’s leading Coach Training Company). She is a trained Facilitator and has a training for trainers qualification in Essential Facilitation Skills. She also attended and received a Certificate in Leadership & Facilitation from The JFK School of Government, Harvard University. Denise is a Certified Practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and is currently studying to complete her Masters NLP.
As a former Committee Member and a current active member of Women In Enterprise and a member of the professional bodies the Association for Coaching and the Institute of Directors, Denise has combined her passions for coaching, facilitating and communicating to form this unique & fun training and coaching company Positive Parties® ‘Training With A Difference.’ Denise is also a volunteer entrepreneur with Young Enterprise and presents in schools telling her story of how she turned a wacky idea into a successful business.
- I have known Denise since she came up with the concept of Positive Parties and have always admired her enthusiasm and positive attitude. Denise is a well trained professional and uses all her skills in the development of innovative and unique training programmes. I have seen her deliver workshops to a wide variety of audiences. She is always able to tailor her approach while not compromising on the core skills she is delivering. Denise recently delivered a workshop for Letterkenny Chamber and the feedback was excellent. The short workshop was designed to energise the participants and it really worked. By the time they came to the formal networking element of the event they were really engaged which resulted in much more effective relationship building which was one of our aims. I would highly recommend Denise for all types of corporate group training. Innovative and enjoyable with very strong foundations, that’s Positive Parties, Training with a Difference
Toni Forrester, CEO at Letterkenny Chamber
- I found the Positive Party not just a great learning opportunity but also a lot of fun. I had two people joining the team at the time and it was a great way to integrate them into the existing group. Even the more critical members of the team thoroughly enjoyed it and felt that it led them to examine and question how they respond to events that occur. A very enjoyable and worthwhile team building event with lots of emotional intelligence development activities thrown in.
Mary Howick, VP of HR Pramerica